National Nurse Practitioner (NP) Week provides opportunities for healthcare leaders and co-workers to formally recognize practicing NPs and their important contributions to medicine. This special week officially began Sunday, November 10. As a hospital executive or practice manager, you have likely thought about a variety of ways to show your NPs how much you value their dedication to and delivery of quality care.
However, if you have yet to finalize NP Week plans or haven’t yet found the right way to demonstrate your gratitude to permanent and locum tenens providers at your healthcare organization, read on. These suggestions are simple and do not require months of planning, but they’re still elegant ways to express your gratitude. Moreover, they can be tailored to fit your budget!
- Thank-you notes. A simple, genuine “thank you for your hard work and all that you do” is often the most treasured gift of all. It could be conveyed in a handwritten gesture or in person. Consider making note cards available, too, for other staff who would like to express their appreciation in a tangible form. And, encourage your NPs’ colleagues to wish your NPs a “Happy NP Week.”
- An honorary breakfast. Bring in a collection of bagels, muffins, spreads, and fruit instead of catering a breakfast. Consider asking everyone to make homemade treats or bring other tasty foods and juice. If organizing something for the first meal of the day isn’t the best for everyone’s schedule, perhaps you could arrange to have a potluck meal at a better time and invite everyone (except the honorees, of course) to make or pick up side dishes, plates to share, and other refreshments.
- A small gift or gift card. These small tokens are a nice way to acknowledge a special week, and they don’t have to be expensive. A variety of great everyday gifts—from mugs, to flowers, to portable smartphone battery chargers—can be purchased for under $20, but they show that you value your staff members.
- Chair massages. Consider organizing a visit from a licensed massage therapist. Often, the companies that offer this service present different packages that you can fit to a budget. The firm supplies the necessary equipment, and your NPs will leave the chair feeling refreshed. Other ideas include providing a mobile car wash service or dry cleaning drop off and delivery!
- #NPWeek. Speak with the person who manages your healthcare organization’s social media accounts and ask the person to add “#NPWeek” to social posts from November 10 – 16. In addition, ask him/her to consider running an internal campaign for recognition or sharing posts from reputable organizations providing NP Week information and tips. And, if your organization has a blog, you could publish a post that covers NP Week celebrations at your facility or practice, features your providers in a special way, or do a combination of the two!
Discover how Medicus Healthcare Solutions can help you with your staffing needs by calling 855-301-0563 to speak with an experienced business development executive today.