As a medical provider, your services are in high demand. With a variety of opportunities at your fingertips, how can you ensure that you analyze all your options and find the best fit? Many physicians choose to enlist a reputable medical staffing company, like Medicus Healthcare Solutions, to help determine their ideal placement.
In addition to discovering the perfect opportunity, finding a good representative can also prove to be challenging. Your recruiter should be a trusted partner, staunch advocate, and personal advisor. With the right person in your corner, you can find your perfect placement and have access to opportunities that exceed your wildest dreams! To find someone who will represent you well, we’ve compiled a list of qualities that you should seek in your next recruiter. Be on the lookout for someone who is:
- Transparent. Keep surprises at bay by working with a staffing firm professional who is open, communicative, and accountable. When a recruiter is helping you explore your options, he or she should be able to clearly define the expectations—from what is required for credentialing to the schedule and contract duration for each of the locum tenens jobs he or she presents.
- Informed. Collaborate with someone who has a strong understanding of healthcare and the locum tenens staffing industry. In addition to having a surface knowledge of your field, the best recruiters specifically represent clinicians in your specialty. If the recruiter understands the nuances of your day-to-day profession, he or she will be much better equipped to help you find the right fit.
- Inquisitive. A savvy recruiter asks a lot of questions. He or she should be interested in both your personal and professional preferences to help you get the assignments you want and are qualified to accept.
- A good listener. You want someone who can ask the right questions, and someone who knows when silence is imperative. To get the correct information, the recruiter you choose must be able to listen and stow away vital information. He or she should be invested in learning about and understanding the issues and objectives most important to you. Ensuring your recruiter knows what you hope to achieve through the “locum lifestyle” means you will have a much greater likelihood of getting what you want.
- Accessible and responsive. Look for a recruiter who can be reached at different times of the day and night. Consider time differences, pressing issues, and emergencies. If you must speak with someone after regular business hours, you want to be assured that you can get a hold of your recruiter. Make sure you partner with a staffing agency representative who is sensitive to your inquiries. The recruiter you elect to work with should follow up with you, follow through on requests, and always aim to provide you with exceptional service.
- A relationship builder. A conscientious, caring recruiter is focused on fostering connections that result in genuine, long-term relationships. He or she should care about you as a person, as well as your professional goals, and be interested in strengthening a bond over time that is built on mutual trust and respect.
The provider-recruiter connection is likely the most important relationship you will establish as a locum tenens healthcare professional. To begin exploring practice opportunities with a Medicus Healthcare Solutions recruiter, call 855.301.0563 today.